CWC Energy Services prides itself in excellence and maintaining a staff of qualified, resourceful, hardworking people who also take pride in their work, and make a difference in safety and performance every day. Whether you are NEW to the industry or have previous Oil and Gas experience, CWC welcomes you to join our team today! Our Service Rig Division is currently hiring for:
DERRICKHANDS IN ALBERTA
What we Offer:
· 100% Company Paid RRSP Program, NO EMPLOYEE MATCH REQUIRED!
· Exceptional 100% company paid Benefits including massage, physiotherapy, chiropractor and vision, with optional Health Spending Account
· Quality PPE supplied upon hire, paid PPE program and company paid coverall cleaning
· Excellent Referral bonus program with short qualifying time
· Great Training Incentives and On-the-Job Training provided
· Well maintained equipment and supportive, safety conscious HR and Operations teams
· High utilization and immediate, steady work
· Majority of work is local work
· CAOEC Competency Program
What we require from you:
· Position-related safety tickets (H2S Alive, Standard First Aid w/CPR, CSO, Fall Arrest)
· Full class 5 license (non-GDL) or higher Driver’s License, air brakes as asset
· Current Drivers’ Abstract
· Ability to pass drug testing and be fit for duty
· Physically fit and able to work long hours in all types of weather conditions
· Willing to work locally or out of town
· Fluent English Skills, due to Safety
· Safety orientated with a positive CAN-DO attitude
· Service Rig experience required for Derrickhand positions
Entry Level Duties & Responsibilities:
The Derrickhand position is also deemed to be a “Safety Sensitive” position due to the proximity of heavy industrial machinery. A Derrickhand handles the uppermost section of the drilling string as it is brought from or lowered into the wellbore or drill hole. A Derrickhand is responsible for the conditioning of the drilling fluid and the circulation machinery and oversees some of the machinery on the rig. The Derrickhand spends approximately 25% of his time up the rigs derrick and plays the lead role in stacking and guiding pipe as it is tripped in and out or reconnected into the hole. The position requires monitoring circulation and most importantly, good communication with the Driller and the Rig Manager.
Previous experience as a carpenter, general laborer, roofer, landscaper, heavy equipment operator, construction, pipefitting, oil and gas, energy services, drilling rig, mining, rig, oilfield, diamond drilling, directional drilling, oil&gas, oil & gas, leasehand, motorhand, etc.
CWC Energy Services Corp. (“CWC”) is an accomplished company that provides drilling rigs and service rigs to established oil and gas producers throughout Western Canada and the USA. Our Well Servicing division has one of the largest service rig fleets in Canada, providing completions, maintenance, workovers and well decommissioning. Our operating locations are in Grande Prairie, Slave Lake, Sylvan Lake, Drayton Valley, Lloydminster, Provost and Brooks, Alberta.